What is Bidddy and how does it work?
Rhys Lawson @rhyslawson / January 28, 2022 • 7 min read
• What is Bidddy?
• How does Bidddy work?
• Auctions of any size, anywhere
• Social auctions, a tool for growth
• Reach new people on and off social
• Get started with Bidddy
What is Bidddy?
Bidddy is an all-in-one auction platform built for individuals and organizations to create, post and manage social auctions so they can raise funds and grow online at the same time.
Our expertise and leadership with social auctions comes from powering more than 1300 auctions on our platform. We also pride ourselves in going above and beyond to understand the complex issues that come with fundraising and marketing to help our customers make the most impact as possible.
How does Bidddy work?
Bidddy combines your fundraising and marketing onto a single platform.
With Bidddy, sellers can create, post, and mange their social auctions to raise funds and grow online at the same time. It's as simple as:
- Create or schedule an auction using Bidddy
- Link the auction to a post on Instagram
- Your account will auto-reply to bids instantly
Sellers can also let people bid from multiple places at once, including web, mobile, in person, and of course, on Instagram. This allows sellers to drive as much traffic as possible to their auction or event.
• Bidddy supports the entire auction community. We love building new relationships from different communities that use auctions. From sneakerheads to non-profits, thrifters to companies supporting a cause, and everyone in between. We love meeting new people and supporting their passions and causes!
• Bidddy empowers the changemakers. Changemakers have the passion, drive, and work ethic to change the world for the better. We believe giving these people the tools and support to succeed will cause a ripple effect of positive impact.
• Bidddy is built to scale with you. No matter your technical know-how, growth, size, complexity, or location — you will never outgrow Bidddy as your needs change, scale or evolve.
Auctions of any size, anywhere
Bidddy helps you easily raise money and reach more people by allowing you to run auctions on Instagram. Create, post and manage social auctions with our all-in-one auction platform.
• Instagram auctions. Choose from 3 easy ways to create your social auctions on Instagram: Quick Start, Quick Start Plus, and Schedule.
• Event auctions. Personalize an auction page that allows supporters without Instagram to join in on the fun. An event auction can also allow for a unique and seamless bidding experiences on the web, mobile, or even in person.
• Bidddy Live. Reach even more people by listing your social auction on Bidddy Live. Discover new donors, loyal customers and even more engagement. All auctions made on Bidddy are auto-listed on Bidddy Live.
Social auctions, a tool for growth
How do auctions help your organization reach more people and grow? It all starts with bids.
On a normal auction platform, someone will browse through a list of items, discover something they love, and place a bid. They might even get a notification that they've been outbid and come back to place another with hopes of winning.
Each time someone places a bid, they are engaging with the brand that has listed the item. But unlike social, these platforms don't reward brands that get a lot of bids with exposure to more people.
If you can't get exposure to more people, you can't grow.
To put it simply, things go viral on social media because a lot of people engage and share a piece of content a lot in a short period of time.
What we have recognized with social auctions is that bids = engagement — so the more engagement you get, the more people you reach.
So unlike normal auctions, if your auction post gets a lot of bids, it has the potential to reach thousands, if not millions of people.
Reach people on and off social
Sellers running event auctions through Bidddy get access to a feature that allows people without Instagram to place bids.
It's super easy to use and there's no discouragingly long sign up form they need to fill out.
With this feature, people on and off Instagram can bid on the same item. This multiplatform bidding allows you to reach even more people compared to normal auction tools.
Get started with Bidddy
It's easy to get started with Bidddy! Try for free today or jump right into an event auction.
Happy Bidding :)